MAGNIFICENT CASTLE nineteenth century, at the gates of the Périgord.
This beautiful property benefits from a marvellous environment and offers a splendid view over the hilly countryside. Less than 2mi away the village of Brignac la Plaine offers first shopping facilities and about 16mi is an a important city cold Brive-la-Gaillarde and have all the shops and services you need And also a airport with international flights.
Chateau du Bois Noir offers about 560sqm of living space with 8 bedrooms.
The property comprises on the ground floor: entrance, billiard room (36sqm), large living room (55sqm) opening on to a terrace, dining room (34sqm), kitchen (34sqm), scullery, toilet.
The bedrooms are beautifully decorated and five bedrooms have bathroom with bath or shower and WC.
A small stone building of 120sqm with a slate roof, offers on the first floor a large space that can be converted, on the basement: a large workshop and/or a garage for1 or 2 cars.
Calm, comfort and quality are waiting for you, very great achievement.
Han van Geest is known since 08/06/2019. You can contact the landlord in Dutch, English, french, German.
The owner usually responds within 1 day.
Château du Bois Noir offers:
- Beautiful high ceilings (4 m. on the ground floor and 3.8 m. on the 1st floor)
- Large windows with shutters inside.
- Good insulation (floor and roof). Central heating from 1998, with an oil boiler and a electric heating pump.
- Most of the rooms are provided with stone or wooden fireplaces (an impressive one, made of nut in the living room).
- Driveway with plane trees more then 100 m. Wells and gate.
- Beautiful elements and detailing (ceilings, fireplaces, parquet, tiles ....).
- The castle is completely renovated in 2008 (new bathrooms, electricity, water system, sewer system, walls etc ....).
- Quality renovation.
- Environment without nuisance.
- 7 acres park planted with plane trees, sequoias, oaks, complete this marvelous property. Possibility for a horse to graze.
- Currently active as a hotel (4 bedrooms) and restaurant (20 covers).
- This property full of charm and character, is easily accessible by highway (20 minutes) and 30 minutes from the international airport of Brive-Vallée de la Dordogne.
BASEMENT: 5 caves (ceiling 4 m.).
- Small kitchen / laundry room of 10sqm.
- Cellar under the castle, total 195sqm.
GROUND FLOOR (ceiling 4 m.)
- Hall with stairscase, total 28sqm.
- Billiard room of 36sqm with parquet floor, fireplace and terrace access.
- Kitchen of 34sqm with fireplace.
- Large living room of 55sqm with parquet floor, large fireplace, terrace access and beautiful view over the hilly countryside.
- Dining room of 34sqm with tiled floor, fireplace, balcony access and beautiful view over the hilly countryside.
- Toilet, coffee corner, pantry incl. staircase.
1ST FLOOR (ceiling 3.8 m):
- 4 Bedrooms 40, 34, 22 and 28sqm, 3 with fireplaces.
- 2 Shower rooms with shower, hand basin and toilet. (5sqm and 6sqm)
- 2 Bathrooms with shower, bath, toilet and double hand basin. (16 m2 and 9 m2)
- 1 Dressing room (8sqm) and corridor of 15sqm.
- Several storage cabinets.
2ND FLOOR (ceiling 2.6m. and 3.2sqm.):
- 4 bedrooms of 57, 31, 6 and 16sqm.
- Bathroom with shower, bath, toilet and double hand basin (8sqm.).
- Office 23sqm.
- Corridor 12sqm.
Distances can seem twice as long because of the winding roads and, as a result, the view continuously changes. The Corrèze is, therefore, a popular area of exile for artists from all over the world. The woody country, criss-crossed by rivers and with a few lakes together are the main attraction of the Bas-Corrèze. Other than the dense forests it is mainly an agrarian area with a rural character. Millevaches, the highland in Haute-Corrèze and the Massif des Monédiéres in the Pays de Tulle are mainly uninhabited. Nevertheless, there are plenty of recreational possibilities. The dams of Neuvic and Bort are perfect for sporty recreation; sailing, windsurfing and waterskiing.
The small towns and villages of the region have their own fascination and charm. In the department Corrèze are no less than six of 100 France’s most beautiful villages: Turenne, the perfectly restored village of Collonges-la-Rouge, Curemonte, St-Robert, Treignac and Ségur-le-Château.
The most outstanding sight seeings in the nearby surroundings are the cave of Gouffre de la Fage, the Lac du Causse and the quarries of Les Pans de Travassac.
Often heard qualities for visiting this region are certainly: the mild climate, the magnificent unspoilt nature, easy living and the amiability and hospitality of the local population.